Wondering if a location within the Ramsey County parks and recreation system is currently open? Check the list below for the current status on all facilities. If you have questions, please call our administration office at 651-748-2500.
You can also review updates on park construction projects in the Parks Project Updates section.
All parks are currently open standard hours. Restroom buildings are closed for the season. View a list of portable locations.
Off-Leash Dog Areas
All off-leash areas are currently open standard hours.
Tamarack Nature Center
Tamarack Nature Center is currently open standard hours. The Winter Recreation Rental Shack is closed due to poor trail conditions.
All arenas are currently open standard business hours.
All trails are currently open unless otherwise noted.
Bruce Vento: The Bruce Vento Regional Trail between County Road D and Buerkle Road is closed December 15, 2014 – April 30, 2015 for overhead transmission line work. For safety purposes, no public access will be allowed during this time. Please use alternate routes. View a map of the closure area.
Snowmaking will not be conducted at Battle Creek Regional Park during the 2014-15 ski season. Learn more.
- Battle Creek Regional Park East - Poor condition.
- Battle Creek Regional Park West - Poor condition.
- Grass Lake - Poor condition.
- Vadnais/Sucker Lakes - Poor condition.
- Tamarack Nature Center - Poor condition. Rental shack is closed. Please note trail access is affected by building construction this season. Access is available near the parking lot.
For trail condition reports and photos from local skiers, please visit www.SkinnySki.com.
Guide to Cross-Country Trail Ratings:
- Excellent: Track freshly set or in similar condition with consistent base. No bare spots. No ice.
- Good: Track in condition near to freshly set. Some bare spots not seriously affecting ski ability. Some icy spots.
- Fair: Track beginning to deteriorate, some areas of track obliterated. Some bare spots beginning to affect ski ability. Ice spots beginning to affect ski ability.
- Poor: Track deteriorated over much of the trail. Lots of bare spots. Icy spots beginning to affect ski ability.
- Closed: Lack of snow, dangerously icy conditions or dangerous temperatures. Skiing is at the user's own risk.
Ski rental is not available at Tamarack Nature Center when trail conditions are poor or closed.
Goodrich, Manitou Ridge and The Ponds at Battle Creek golf courses are now open standard hours for the 2015 season.