Wondering if a location within the Ramsey County parks and recreation system is currently open? Looking for updates on cross-country trail grooming?
Check the list below for the current status on all facilities. If you have questions, please call our administration office at 651-748-2500.
All parks are currently open standard hours.
Off-Leash Dog Areas
All off-leash dog areas are currently open.
All arenas are currently open and operating regular schedules.
Tamarack Nature Center
Tamarack Nature Center is currently open.
All trails are currently open.
Due to the recent snow storm, there are numerous trees and branches down throughout the Ramsey County trail system. The Bruce Vento Trail is particularly bad. We are working to clear and plow the trails as quickly possible, and we thank you for your patience.
Cross-Country Ski Trail Grooming Updates
Current Trail Conditions:
- Battle Creek Regional Park East: Groomed 2/28, classic tracks, good condition.
- Battle Creek Regional Park West: Groomed 3/4, classic tracks, good condition.
- Vadnais/Sucker Lakes: Scheduled to be groomed 3/1.
- Tamarack Nature Center: Groomed 2/28, classic tracks, good condition. Please be aware there may be some foot traffic and resulting damage to the trail due to the start of maple syrup season.
For trail condition reports and photos from local skiers, please visit www.SkinnySki.com
Guide to Cross-Country Trail Conditions Ratings:
- Excellent: Track freshly set or in similar condition with consistent base. No bare spots. No ice.
- Good: Track in condition near to freshly set. Some bare spots not seriously affecting ski ability. Some icy spots.
- Fair: Track beginning to deteriorate, some areas of track obliterated. Some bare spots beginning to affect ski ability. Ice spots beginning to affect ski ability.
- Poor: Track deteriorated over much of the trail. Lots of bare spots. Icy spots beginning to affect ski ability.
- Closed: Lack of snow, dangerously icy conditions or dangerous temperatures. Skiing is at the user's own risk.
Ski rental is not available at Tamarack Nature Center when trail conditions are poor or closed.
All golf courses are currently closed. Goodrich Golf Dome is open.
Battle Creek Waterworks/Swimming Beaches
Battle Creek Waterworks is currently closed. All swimming beaches are unguarded.