Beaches AND SWIMMING
Subscribe to Receive Beach Updates
When the weather gets warm and the sun shines, it’s time to head to the water! Many Ramsey County lakes have designated swimming areas for practicing your swim strokes or just cooling off in the water. Battle Creek Waterworks water park, located in Battle Creek Regional Park in Maplewood, is also a great destination for splashing and cooling off with family and friends.
The 2015 beach season will run Saturday, June 6 - Sunday, August 16.
Beaches with a Lifeguard on Duty
Lifeguard services start for the 2015 season Saturday, June 6.
*Concession stands are available at Long Lake and Snail Lake Beaches.
Beaches without Lifeguards
Beach Swimming Rules
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only, during regular park hours (1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset).
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only properly worn U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.
Lifeguards enforce rules and regulations and respond to aquatic emergencies. Parents/Guardians are ultimately responsible for supervising their children.
Group beach use is only available at Ramsey County's guarded beaches.