Beaches AND SWIMMING
Subscribe to Receive Beach Updates
When the weather gets warm and the sun shines, it’s time to head to the water! Many Ramsey County lakes have designated swimming areas for practicing your swim strokes or just cooling off in the water. Battle Creek Waterworks water park, located in Battle Creek Regional Park in Maplewood, is also a great destination for splashing and cooling off with family and friends.
Beaches with a Lifeguard on Duty
All beaches are currently unguarded. Lifeguard services for the 2014 season will begin Saturday, June 7 and run through Sunday, August 10.
The guarded beach at White Bear Lake County Park will again be closed in 2014 due to water levels.
Beaches without a Lifeguard
Beach Swimming Rules
- Swimming is permitted at designated beach areas only, during regular park hours (1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset).
- Proper swimming attire is required.
- Glass bottles or glass containers of any kind are not permitted.
- Grilling is not permitted in the beach area.
- Only properly worn U.S. Coast Guard approved life jackets are allowed. No inflatables or buoyant objects.
- Pets are not allowed in the beach areas.
Lifeguards enforce rules and regulations and respond to aquatic emergencies. Parents/Guardians are ultimately responsible for supervising their children.
Group beach use is only available at Ramsey County's guarded beaches.