Families will enjoy a shallow water pool with interactive water play equipment, separate activity pool with lily pad walk and swim area, and a three story twisting waterslide with plunge area. We also offer a children's hands-on sand play area and adults the chance to relax sun bathing on the deck or lawn areas. We pride ourselves on our clean and family-friendly restrooms, showers and changing areas.
Waterworks is located in Battle Creek Regional Park at the corner of McKnight and Lower Afton Road.
Battle Creek Waterworks
2401 Upper Afton Road
Maplewood MN, 55119
Hours of Operation
Waterworks opens for the 2014 season on Saturday, June 7 and is open daily from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. (water pump shut off at 7:45 p.m.).
Lifeguards are on duty during hours of operation.
- $7.00 Adults and Children (Including spectators)
- FREE under 12 months
- $5.00 Twilight (6 - 8 p.m.)
- 10 admission punch card available for $60.00 (Save $1 per admission!)
- Valid June 8 - August 18
- Purchase at Waterworks
- Does not apply to large groups
- No refunds.
Rules of Use
- Guests three years and under are required to wear swim diapers (available for purchase at WATERWORKS).
- No coolers, food or beverages may be brought into the facility. For your convenience, WATERWORKS has vending machines inside the facility and picnic tables outside the facility.
- Guests age 10 and under must be accompanied by a person at least 16 years of age.
- Only one rider permitted on the waterslide at a time. All riders must be able to ride on their own; no lap rides or chains allowed.
- WATERWORKS is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Since there are no lockers, please closely monitor all personal items brought into the facility.
- Only properly worn U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejackets are allowed. Flotation devices, water wings, snorkels, and facemasks are not allowed.
- Appropriate swimwear is required by all guests. Revealing swimsuits, cutoff shorts, and colored t-shirts are not allowed.
- WATERWORKS is a drug and tobacco‐free facility.
- All guests, including spectators, entering WATERWORKS will be required to pay daily admission fee.
- WATERWORKS may close due to inclement weather or low attendance at management’s discretion.
Capacity is limited by MN Rules
guests. Guests may leave Waterworks and return during the same day, subject to the capacity limit (includes Punch Card guests).
Group reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis. All reservations must be requested at least two weeks in advance of the anticipated visit and a Reservation Permit must be secured. Group reservations may only be made for weekdays (M-F), excluding July 4.
Groups of 25 or more may purchase tickets two weeks in advance of their visit and receive a $1.00 discount. Payment must be made the day of your reservation to guarantee your group's 11 a.m. to
1 p.m. entrance. We accept Visa and Mastercard for group reservations.
Note: Organized Groups must provide at least one adult for every three children ages four and under and/or one adult for every five children ages five and over.
Send competed request form to:
Attn: Waterworks Reservations
Ramsey County Parks and Recreation
2015 North Van Dyke Street
Maplewood, MN 55019
Request forms can also be emailed to